Saturday, October 4, 2008

A Meal Rut...No More!

Ever been there? Sometimes I get the feeling that we are eating the same series of dinners over and over. I do like to hear about and try new recipes, but they can’t be anything that involves standing over a stove, stirring and timing. It just does not work with adventurous one year old, Max, and when I just want to be with my kids after school. Here are some things that we have tried lately and am loving:

Mexican Chicken:Take thawed chicken breast and cover them with salsa (We LOVE the Jack's salsa from Costco). Put on a layer of frozen corn and top with mexican cheese. Bake at 350 for an hour. Fast, super easy and delicious! Thanks, Liz!

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing: Only 3 ingredients and so yummy! My husband loved this! Click here for recip. Thanks, Michelle!

Breakfast for Supper: We love this! There is nothing like having waffles with our favorite Reddi Wip, strawberries, powdered sugar or peanut butter at night.

Crockpot: This is my favorite utensil in the Fall and Winter. I get recipes out of Fix and Forget it Lightly and try my best to make a pencil notation next to the ones we like because I can never remember from time to time when I open that cookbook.


No comments: